English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Should I meet this guy in person?
ihavenoidea Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:24:42 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Woman

I emailed a guy from Facebook a few weeks ago. We exchanged about 6 short emails and then he stopped writing to me. My last email asked him a couple questions just to keep the conversation going...just dumb stuff like " When is your birthday", " Are you doing any travelling this year"? etc". After he didn't respond back...I assumed he met someone else or just lost interest. Suddenly I get an email from him yesterday asking if I would be in town for the holidays and that it might be a good time to meet up since he will be in town for the holidays ( he is from here but lives in a town two hours away since he moved there to work in natural gas drilling).

I thought that was weird...I was wondering why he would suddenly email me like 3 weeks later. Maybe the other person he met wasn't around and I am just a back up plan or he was really interested in meeting all along but didn't want to set a time yet until he knew for sure when he was going to be off? I don't have a problem with men not corresponding right away but 3 weeks or more later?! And yes, I did notice him regularly on Facebook's IM during that time. He didn't even answer my questions in my last email.

When I first initiated contact with him, I told him that I thought he was really attractive and liked his profile and it was too bad he didn't live in the same town...he said he comes here on his days off. So I asked if he came by here alot on his time off and that maybe we could meet as friends when he does, he said he would like that.

Should I meet up with this guy anyways?
Sponsor
nibor Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 02, 2012 10:11:25 PM(UTC)

Woman

Yes, just be careful. Consider it a date for fun and not a relationship-seeking exercise.
EScott Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:29:45 PM(UTC)

Woman

Yeah. I agree with Nibor.