English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
am clueless about talking to chicks... HELP!
joe_bloggs Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:52:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Hey there,
I was married for 4 years (and together for 10) with my ex.
Separated 6 months ago, and moved interstate.
Have had a fling with 2 girls since then. 1 of them turned out to be a psycho, and the other I mistakenly fell for, but she lost interest (BIG punch in the heart)
Have gone out a few times now looking to meet some chicks, but just can't get there in terms of striking up a conversation. That choking feeling in the throat takes over, and just can't spit the words out. I know what I want to say, but it just doesn't happen. :(
Both of the girls I have been with since my ex, I got their number, and texted them to get to know them before dating.
I've tried a few of the free dating sites, and cannot even get the chicks to add me.
Am racking my brain as to how I can meet some girls, can anyone give me some ideas about online stuff, or anything I can do to boost my confidence to go up and talk to girls in a club / bar?
Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
kstreet Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:28:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Woman

Firstly, I'd recommend not referring to women as chicks (at least around women). It will make you seem more adult ;) If you have trouble making conversations how about something like a movie, play or ballet? Some girls welcome the opportunity to get out of the house and then you can always talk about what you just saw. Lastly, maybe bring a friend along and have her bring a friend along. Your friend could be your wingman and maybe set your up for a good convo? Just my thoughts.