English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
How do you ask "the question"
caroline89 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 10:27:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Woman

One thing that always worries me if I am with a guy intimately is if he has anything, or has ever had anything. I know there is protection, but that doesn't cover all body parts and all things. I've also heard some diseases are small enough to through the protection. You just worry you know? Does anyone else ask this question? Also, if you do ask, has anyone ever admitted to anything? I mean, statistically speaking, 1 in 5 people (at least) should. Feel free to private message me your response if you don't want to post your answer. Thanks for the advice.
Sponsor
Chococherri Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 8:57:55 AM(UTC)

Woman

How do you ask "the question"? You just ask. If you're ready to be intimate with someone, then you have to be willing to ask the questions necessary to protect yourself. That conversation (and the testing that goes with it... never ever take someone's word as truth when it comes to protecting yourself in this situation) should always happen WAY before you get naked. The hardest fact about sex that people don't talk about is how dangerous it is (despite the fun factor... and it can be incredibly fun). Diseases like herpes can be spread despite using protection (viral shedding allows herpes to be spread simply by skin on skin contact!). Protect yourself! I always get tested before I get down. Just my two (or ten) cents.
Jom Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2012 11:48:18 PM(UTC)

Man

I agree. Just ask.
thomwithanh Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:06:36 PM(UTC)

Man

The girl I'm seeing right now was just very upfront and nonchalant with me about it, just brought it up while we were grocery shopping together like anything else we would talk about - we discussed our sexual histories (no specifics but whether either of us were tested, etc...) and what we expected of each other as far as intimacy was concerned. I always knew she was easy to open up to, and was very open herself but that was the most unakward version of the "sex talk" I've ever had. Major brownie points!