English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
You don't get it. We're done!
emjl Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:12:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Woman

After seven years together, it was probably one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make, but upon returning home after living abroad with him, I knew it was over. He had cheated and even though I was able to forgive him (or so I thought) the first time, years later, when I suspected he was up to it again, I wasn't so understanding. Don't get me wrong, I was still in love and wanted to make it work...so in my twisted young little mind, the only solution I could come up with was "an eye for an eye". I played that game for a while, and felt like dirt. I even told him what I had done, and he seemed to be relieved by the fact that we were finally "even"...Unfortunately for him, in my mind, we were far from it. It wasn't until I moved home and had some distance that I figured out how wrong the whole situation was. I was scared, and I was heartbroken, but the only logical solution at that point was to call it quits...

He didn't agree.

Three weeks later, after a series of weird ring and hang-up phone calls, who shows up on my doorstep? Mr. Wrong! He had flown 6 hours to get me back. The next week was the longest of my life. I don't know how many times I explained myself...it just fell upon deaf ears. I had made up my mind. Once the deed was done, I couldn't go back. We had wronged each other too many times and there simply was no repair for our relationship. I thought I had finally gotten through to him, when the day before his departure, he convinced me to have one more dinner together, as friends. I ended up falling ill and thought I could get myself out of it, but somehow he dragged me out of bed with Kleenex box in hand.

In our seven years together, he had never taken me out to a place as nice as this. It was like I was out with a new man. He was a complete gentleman. He pulled out my chair, put my napkin on my lap, ordered for me, the whole deal. The best part was that throughout the whole meal, not once did I have to defend my decision...He had finally dropped it! We shared a delicious meal in a lovely little romantic restaurant, seated at the best table in the house on a hopping friday night with a beautiful view of the inner harbour. After finishing our appetizers and main course, I see our server approaching our table with two glasses of champagne. Half-way there, he pauses in the middle of the busy restaurant and switches the two glasses then proceeds to the table.

I didn't even need to look in the glass...I knew what was in it. As much as I needed some alcohol, I didn't want to get to the bottom of the glass, where a giant, gawdy, yellow gold engagement ring sat, surrounded by bubbles. The ring I had waited so long for (well, definitely not THAT particular ring) was finally in front of me, but at that point, the last thing I wanted to do was put it on my finger. I took one look at my Ex and all I could say was "I'm sorry. No." I tried to politely excuse myself without creating a scene, but he burst into tears and started screaming "why? why? please be my wife! I can't live without you!" Now that we had the attention of the whole restaurant, he switches to Spanish to make his plea...which only drew us more attention. I tried to make my way to the exit, all the way up the grand staircase, with a grown man holding on to my ankles, crying, screaming my name and begging to have me back.

I had never been more embarrassed and heart broken...at the top of the stairs I told him that if he didn't let me go, I would puke all over him. And with that, he let go. I said goodbye and never saw him again...except in my nightmares.

Sponsor
YeahTexas Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:16:20 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Threatening with vomit. interesting idea.