English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
DWI: Dating while intoxicated
mm4 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:13:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Woman

So, I had done a bit of the online dating thing, having met a few people from online and actually dated a couple of them for a while. Since I had already done online dating, and I had been single for a while, I decided to try it out again. I received a message from what seem to be a nice guy with his life together, so I decided to reply. After replying to his first message we began talking online for a while and then decided to meet. We made plans to meet at a bar and grill downtown in the early evening on a Sunday. So, on Sunday I got ready and headed to meet him downtown.When I arrived, he not only was not alone, but he had been drinking all afternoon with three of his friends. It was sufficiently awkward for me, since I was completely sober, and having never met him or his friends and I felt alone and embarrassed. He kept repeatedly asking me the same questions over and over and making comments that were inappropriate for having only just met him; not to mention there were other people involved in the conversation. All and all I just felt embarrassed and needless to say I never saw him again.
Sponsor
akosiubay Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:32:14 PM(UTC)

At least you realized that he's a scumbag earlier. Meeting him sober would trick you to thinking he's a nice guy. Haha
GiraffeAffair Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 7:22:49 PM(UTC)

I've had similar things happen (though not as bad). People should always tell you though if they are bringing their friends to something you think is just a casual date.