English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Why you should not wait for "Perfect Moments"
Jom Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 10:27:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

This was back in college. I dated a girl who I met in poetry class.

We weren't exclusive though.

But since we went out a lot, in her own words "...we are practically a couple".

I remember her saying that when we were paying on a fast-food and the cashier thought we only had one bill. Looking back, I think it's kinda sweet.

Since we have a lot of things in common, I was practically in love with her but I didn't tell her. I don't remember the reasons anymore, I hope they were important.

But when she finally decided to be the girl of someone else, she didn't tell me, and out of hurt, I decided to cut ties. I didn't answer her calls and emails.

Later in life, I learned an important lesson there:

Never cut ties with people you love and have a lot of things in common. These people are like needles in a haystack. (Even if you don't end up together they'd probably make excellent friends)

Soon enough (two years later) I ran into her again and boy she was hot.

That's when the lesson struck me. There's the rub. If you hadn't cut ties, you needed not start from scratch again.

Remarkably, she was still with the same guy. But I figured I'm a more confident guy now and here's my second chance at telling her - I should tell her. But why? She's with someone and I'm with someone and I thought I was in love.

One afternoon, over coffee, she talked about how she and his guy are having problems, then she said the words "...sometimes, I think about, what it could have been like had it became "us"."

Looking back I realized that was just the perfect moment to tell her I love her. But she's with someone and I'm with someone and I thought I was in love (until she cheated, another story) and so I miss my second chance. Another lesson learned.

Don't wait for the perfect moment. You only see it years after. But lessons are lessons and most important of all is that we should keep moving forward.

Sponsor
sharziie14 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:06:37 AM(UTC)

Man

Maybe she's really not meant for you?
I dunno, I think you can't just tell anybody that you like her.
Timing is essential in order for a relationship to work!
Jom Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:10:31 PM(UTC)

Man

Maybe..
akosiubay Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:19:51 PM(UTC)

Woah she really looks hot. Just wait for them to break up! Haha
Jom Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2011 9:04:43 PM(UTC)

Man

Hanep!
KeepDoingThis Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 9:17:04 PM(UTC)

So is that her or someone else?