English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Forced into a First Date Against My Will
BumbleBetty Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:16:09 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Woman

This is my favorite disaster date to tell my friends about.
I was 17 an had recently broken up with a boyfriend of 2 years. I worked at a makeup store at our local mall and was putting out a display when a friend of my ex walk into the store and starting telling me how he heard we had broken up and how he had been waiting for it to happen so that he could ask me out. Creepy!
Let me give you a little background on this guy. He was 3 years older than me and he worked at a local laser tag business. He was shorter than me, had to wear a lift in one shoe because of a short leg, and was super skinny. Not my ideal. He was a nice guy though, so I was always friendly with him.
Back to the date. He asked me to go to a movie that night and told me, without really giving me a choice, that he would pick me up when my shift was over. So I'm stuck with no place to run and hide and forced to go on this date with a weird looking short guy who has been obsessing over me for a year.
He picked me up and took me to the dollar movie theater a couple of blocks away. (Big spender!) He chooses the movie, The Prophecy, and seems to really enjoy watching this horrible movie while I cringe for two hours. The movie finishes and he drives me back to my car at the mall. Then the awkwardness of the date increases even more. He keeps talking to me about how he really likes me and I keep trying to explain that I don't like him like that. I couldn't help but think of this date as a Pity Date and I'm trying to figure out how to get out of his car quickly without hurting his feelings. He looks at me and says, "Aren't you going to give me a kiss?" I'm thinking are you crazy?! At this point all pity for this guy is gone. I say "NO!" and I get out of the car and leave. Good grief.
Sponsor