English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
...and, he got deported....
SusanG Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2011 2:52:42 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Woman

All my life I've been in love with French guys. I love the accent, I love their culture, and I'm fascinated with their history. So when I was sitting in the library one day, and I got asked out by a French guy new to the city and in need of a tour guide I gladly accepted. We spent the day together then ended up splitting 3 bottles of wine between the two of us in a tappas bar a few miles from my university. Everything was great, and I thought I'd found Price Charming. He was funny, seemed to have great friends and family, and was so smart. He also happened to be incredibly cute too.. in a thin, French kinda way.

But apparently, after all that wine (and we were clearly in no condition to drive back to either of our places) he really had to go to the bathroom. We probably weren't in the best condition to use good judgement. So he cut over into an alley, since there weren't any convenient bathrooms. But he REALLY had to go so it took a while. During that while, an older woman also walked down the alley and screamed when she saw that. Apparently there was also a police officer nearby, who heard the scream, looked down the alley, and saw what was happening. Police don't seem to like that and my date was arrested--for indecent exposure and public urination! Indecent exposure in this case was a felony. On top of that, he had overstayed his visa by several weeks just because he wanted to wrap up a few projects before he left, one of which would have kept him in my city for another month or so. But the legal ramifications of what he did, and the fact that his visa was expired meant he had to go back to France. He had a short period of time to pick up his things, and Immigrations and Customs enforcement took him to the airport, with a one way ticket and stayed there until the door closed on his plane. He can't come back for a number of years. Ouch.

I've only gone out with two French guys in my life and they both ended in disaster. (this was the worse of the two)
So, should I give up on French guys?
Sponsor
Jom Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:37:53 PM(UTC)

Man

Give up? No. No matter what the price, why walk away from love?
mmc67 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:31:26 PM(UTC)

Woman

Oh dont give up
ostmega Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:16:05 PM(UTC)

Oh, don't give up on them! If you're still at your university, maybe you could contact the international student office and tell them you have an interest in French language & culture and would love to help acquaint any new French students with your university and city. Or maybe you could spend some time in France so there's no more danger of deportation for them ;) I hope you find your prince charming!
KeepDoingThis Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 9:13:37 PM(UTC)

Did you ever think of moving to France? I lived there for 6 months and absolutely loved it!
SignLand Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 2:14:23 PM(UTC)

Woman

wow