English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
A missed opportunity or maybe she was just too clingy too quick
Jom Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 3:52:55 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

I was at a church service one Sunday morning.

I caught a girl's eye and I caught her checking me out. It felt good because when I checked her out: she was hot.

I was surprised when she went to my direction and ask me where the donation envelopes were - which were really just very visible from where the two of us were standing - so i got the MESSAGE, and that's lesson number 1 & 2: Read between the lines. When the girl makes the move to break the ice: DO NOT MISS IT.

So after the service I ask her out. I said: Are you doing anything after this? She said with a smile: NO. Which in this case was a big YES =).

Before we knew it, our arms were wrapped around each other strolling down a shopping mall, window shopping talking about anything. (what else could be open in the morning?!)

As lunch time came, she asked me if we could have lunch together, (another ice breaker) but i had previous arrangements ( I promised dad I'd be home by lunch because he's cooking) so I lied and said, I'm short on cash which was a bad lie because she said: "It's my treat now, you can treat me some other time." At this point, I realized I could then just ask her to go to our place but i hesitated because I just lost a job and here I am taking home a new girl I couldn't even afford to take out to dinner. So I said: "Maybe next time baby. I'll call you"

Which is the very VIOLATION of Rules Number 1 and 2.

When I called her later , the number she gave didn't work.

I got a job the next day.

Dad still cooks on some Sundays. I realized it could have been a better move to just missed Dad's lunch, say sorry, and attend the next lunch.

Years later too I realized, that girls making the move do not come by everyday.

A missed opportunity or maybe she was just too clingy too quick
Sponsor
JenniferL Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 5:04:44 PM(UTC)

Woman

You are right... Most guys do miss those subtle messages we send.
Jom Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:02:32 PM(UTC)

Man

JenniferL;82 wrote:
You are right... Most guys do miss those subtle messages we send.

Exactly, I can't connect the dots beforehand or while it's happening. It's always afterward. Way afterward.
akosiubay Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:33:59 PM(UTC)

What a waste opportunity. Oh well, there are other fishes in the sea
GiraffeAffair Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 7:17:13 PM(UTC)

Believe it or not, I know people who go to church just to meet people of the opposite sex. (the want to date someone with their same religion). Though it kind of makes me feel weird thinking people are checking me out in church.
NoThanks Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:44:49 PM(UTC)

The same thing happened to me in church once and I missed the the opportunity as well. A guy who was really cute, who I had noticed during the service (perhaps he noticed me and that is why he came up to me) told me as I was walking out "you look just like someone I know, have we met?" I thought that was a cheesey line and also thought I haven't met him so I just said "No, sorry." He said "OK, sorry to bother you." What I should have said is "No, but I'm Amber, nice to meet you." This happened my first week in a new college and I didn't know anyone and thus had a rough first semester. I could have met him, met his friends, he could have met my friends... Ohh well, live and learn.
sliberty97 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 9:57:47 PM(UTC)

Woman

So wat exackly is tha clingy type ??