English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Make Sure You BOTH Know It's a Date!
pepethewepe Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:55:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Woman

In high school, I asked out a friend of mine. I was nervous as hell, and I asked him after class, "Do you want to get together on Friday for a movie?" He said sure, so I was all happy, and proud of myself for having the guts to ask him out.
So that Friday, we ate dinner together, and then went across the street to see The Grinch. We met up with my friend and her boyfriend there. After the movie, he drove me home, and when we got to my driveway, I said, "I had a really good time. Do you want to do this again?" And keep in mind, the whole time, we were getting along, joking, talking, etc. He replied, "Well, actually, I feel like you kind of led me on. I didn't know this was a date."
I was so humiliated. I just mumbled okay, and got out of the car, went up to my room and cried. I was so embarrassed.
A couple days later (luckily, we'd had some snow days, so I could delay the inevitable awkwardness), and asked him why he'd been confused. He said it was the way I asked him out, and that he thought it would just be our group of friends.
Considering I was shy in high school, and that I'd finally worked up guts only to have the situation not quite work out, it sucked! But we're actually still good friends, so it's all good now :)
Sponsor