English - American English - UK English: Ireland English - Canada English - Australian English - South Africa Spanish - Spain Spanish - Argentina Spanish - Puerto Rico Spanish - Mexico French - France French - Belgium Portuguese - Portugal Portuguese - Brazil Russian - Russia Russia - Belarus Czech - Czech Republic Hindi - India Swedish - Sweden German - Germany Finnish - Finland 

TheDatingDisaster.com offers an online discussion forum where users can share their humorous and embarrassing dating stories anonymously with the world. Meet new people, ask for advice from someone of the opposite sex, make a confession or just plain learn "what not to do." In the process you might just find "Mr./Ms. Right." There's no cost to post or reply to someone else's post!

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Looking for a church
thomwithanh Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:01:46 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Here's one for you...

I have a profile on a popular dating website that uses quizzes and question answers to come up with a "Match %" (three guesses which one it is). I'm a Christian (a liberal and progressive United Methodist), it gets a mention on my stats, but it's a personal thing for me and not something I shove down anybody's throat or even talk about unless it comes up. I'm starting to think even the small mention I have is asking for trouble --

A few weeks ago, I get a message from a woman moving to my city to start grad school. She introduces herself and asks a few standard getting-to-know-you questions, ("how do you like [city name]", "what are you going to school for", etc...) seems nice and normal enough so I answer her back. She answers my message by grilling me about the church I attend... more questions about church on the third, fourth, fifth and sixth messages. I try to be cordial to her despite my growing feeling that she's a religious nut and more interested in finding a church in her new town rather than actually wanting to be friends with me. Long story short, she decides that my UMC isn't "alive" enough for her (without even attending) and cuts off all contact. I've let it go... she was a bit too nutty for me, but wow...

Sponsor
NoThanks Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:51:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I think you're probably better off for letting that one get away..